Senior Labor Engineer - Field Operations Team (Full-Time Remote or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000216732
job family: Building Operations Engineering
schedule: nullSr Labor Engineer
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
As a Sr Labor Engineer in Field Operations, you will create and maintain productivity standardization, reporting, and forecasting in support of labor planning and problem solving. Through time and motion studies, standard labor expectations will establish a productivity baseline for the network standard work bundles aligned to key processes within the Global Supply Chain field operations. This baseline will enable better planning of our labor resources and ignite problem solving at the site and network level to close variations to the baseline. As a key input to the labor-staffing model, the standard labor expectations will help determine the optimal staffing level for each distribution center to reduce both variation and waste within processes.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
- Bachelor’s degree in science (Industrial Engineering preferred) or equivalent continuous improvement experience.
- 3-5 years field operations experience.
- Experience working within a Management System or Quality System (preferred).
- Experience with labor planning & scheduling (preferred).
- Experience with engineered labor standards (preferred).
- Experience with time and motion studies (preferred).
- Experience with auditing standard work (preferred).
- Application of Continuous Improvement principles in a manufacturing or supply chain environment (preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency in structured problem solving - Lean, Kaizen, or Six Sigma (preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency in structured problem solving tools (process architecture, process mapping, process analysis, standardized work, visual management, 5S, statistical process control, etc…) (preferred).
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence while working in cross functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal communication, time management, presentation, and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Able to access all areas of the DC, including mezzanine platforms
- Experience managing multiple initiatives at one time
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys detailed work and communicating updates to various levels of leaders
- The successful candidate should be motivated and forward thinking with high ethical standards.
- This position requires extensive travel (approximately 30% to 50% post-covid environment).
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $65,600-$118,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture