Senior Specialist Guest RelationsApply Now Job ID: R0000035815 Date posted: 07/27/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
Guest-facing contact centers that directly impact Target’s profit and growth while fostering an exceptional guest experience and our strong reputation include: Collections (Loss Prevention, Recovery Operations and Collection Strategy), REDcard® Guest Services (Guest Contact, Fulfillment and Legal & Executive Support), Guest Relations, which engages with guests via all communication channels to strengthen loyalty and drive sales and Target.com Guest Services, which handles all guest inquiries and comments relating to Target.com orders and site issues.
As a Sr. Specialist Guest Relations, you’ll provide a Target-branded experience with every guest interaction by listening, using critical thinking, and advocating for the guest in order to deepen the relationship and drive loyalty and sales. You’ll achieve this by assisting guests across multiple contact channels, such as phone, email, or social media, in effort to find creative solutions for the guest. You be asked to quickly adapt to the changing business needs and share business intelligence through accurate documenting and coding. You will interact with teams across Target to effectively resolve guest issues in a timely manner, and be responsible for identifying, evaluating and communicating guest trends to leadership in a prompt manner. Following established policies and procedures, and as directed by your leader, you’ll handle media sensitive or potential legal issues and situations that involve extensive research or partnership with other key Target leaders. As a part of this you’ll respond to a variety of written correspondence using established protocols, scripts and guidelines, and be responsible for ensuring that all contacts reflect professionalism. You’ll be expected to quickly and appropriately identify unique guest situations that require escalation. You’ll leverage online resources and web-based applications to assist you in resolving guest and team member issues, ensuring that you thoroughly understand and follow the applicable policies and procedures that support compliance. You’ll work in a multi-media environment (emails, phone calls, chat messages, and letters) that’s challenging and fast paced, requiring you to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly. Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Start date: Monday, September 23rd
- Permanent schedule:
- Full time and part time schedules available ranging from 30-40 hour per week
- Various shifts available ranging from 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Must be available for Training:
- 9/23 - 10/4, 8 - 4:30 M - F
- 10/7 - 10/18, 11:30 - 8 M - F
- 10/21 - 10/25, 1:30 - 10 M - F
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1+ years of previous guest experience or customer service experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively listen, negotiate and make sound decisions
• Ability to interact with guests and team members in a professional manner and show empathy; experience dealing with escalated guest complaints required
• Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve guest issues
• Strong technical skills with the ability to navigate multiple systems at the same time and high proficiency with PC and Microsoft Office
• Ability to independently follow established procedures and directives for handling guest relations issues
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• College degree or equivalent experience preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture