Sr Accountant, Account Receivable
Sr Accountant, Accounts Receivable
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes system analyst, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work with your team and internal clients. Within Accounting and Financial operations, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and core retail operations.
In this unique Sr Accountant role, you will be responsible for the oversight of critical revenue streams through process optimization, payment and receivable analysis, month-end close responsibilities, and completion of internal controls. You will have the opportunity to develop an end to end understanding of revenue and receivable flows to drive innovation and automation to improve complex processes. You will facilitate timely and accurate month-end close responsibilities as needed. You will develop strong relationships and indirectly manage talent in order to influence outcomes of payment reconciliation and dispute processes. You will develop partnerships with product and technology teams to ensure financial data is recorded and receivables are collected. You will have a seat at the table in the development of financial operation and system processes during the growth and transformation of critical revenue streams. This role is also responsible for completion of controls, including SOX, and ensuring revenue and receivables at the end of an accounting period are completely and accurately recorded.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four Year degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant business experience
- Accounting and internal controls knowledge
- Self-starter with a high level of curiosity, initiative and the desire to learn end to end revenue and receivable processes
- Strong business partner, able to collaborate with teams across the organization
- Analytical skills, including ability to analyze large volumes of data and identify trends
- Technical skills including a familiarity with SQL/MySQL and Excel Macros preferred
- Task and detail-oriented, strong prioritizing/organization skills with the ability manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be resilient and adaptable, working through challenges and balancing fluctuating workload in a fast-paced operations environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture