Sr Data Analyst- Supply Chain (Full-Time Remote OR Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000234455
job family: Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
The Global Supply Chain Operations Intelligence (OI) Team rapidly develops and deploys new innovations to improve existing processes and enable new capabilities to allow for more precise and synchronized inventory flow from end to end. We are looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, practical, and comfortable with ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, and can build and execute effective plans to address? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on our team means being central to the innovation within the Global Supply Chain. The New Site and Capability Activation Data Analytics team will work across product, engineering, operations, and strategy teams to deliver reporting and analysis to support new types of distribution facilities. You’ll be working in a dynamic and challenging environment where new technologies are deployed constantly, and processes are evolving quickly as these operations mature.
About the Job:
The Target Data Analytics team creates metrics, models, and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions. A role within our Data Analytics group means being a part of the team that enables faster, smarter, and more scalable decision-making to compete and win the modern retail market! Here, you’ll leverage data, statistics, and visualization to create the actionable insights that deliver value across all Target functions. Our savvy reporting and analytics pros use market-leading tools and data automation to make a positive impact that’s felt across the business.
As a Sr Data Analyst on the S&OP Data Analytics team, you will work with the Supply Chain business to define a problem, find the requisite data and propose solutions based on data analysis. Data analysts spend their time determining the best approach to gather, model, manipulate, analyze and present data. You will work within an agile environment which requires active participation in ceremonies and team meetings. In this role, you’ll have opportunities to continuously upskill to stay current with new technologies in the industry via formal training, peer training groups and self-directed education.
Operational Intelligence Analytics, within Target’s Supply Chain, is responsible for identifying data and empowering users with insight to improve operational performance. The skills mix is a blend of data engineering, data science, and diverse problem-solving capabilities – jack of several trades, master of none. The team currently uses a wide variety of analytics tools including R, Python, SQL, and proprietary BI platforms (similar to Tableau) to work with small, sparse datasets as well as big data platforms like Hadoop. The Senior Analyst of Operational Intelligence Analytics will support a range of initiatives. This person will be responsible for breaking down complex processes in order to complete analyses that directly improve operational performance.
- Execute or direct a variety of analytics initiatives including; metric identification, reason coding, hypothesis testing, time series analysis, cluster analysis, root cause analysis, scale of impact quantification, predictive analysis, business process improvement, or scenario analysis.
- Inspire intellectual curiosity around operational improvement opportunities.
- In situations when reliable data does not exist, look for creative ways to obtain it.
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make the team more efficient.
- Build deep understanding of business outcomes and stakeholder responsibilities.
- Support partner teams that support us (DevOps, Data Science, Data Infrastructure).
- Positive, people-oriented, enthusiastic and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competence.
- Proven track record of using feedback to adapt workflow and increase efficiency.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Strong understanding of ARIMA, forecasting models, A/B testing and working with test and train datasets,
- Proficient with R or Python for data analysis.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques (decision trees, clustering algorithms, xgboost).
- Familiarity with using virtual machines / servers, and Linux command line utilities.
- 4-year degree (or equivalent experience) in business analytics, supply chain, economics or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in data analytics or masters level education in business analytics, data science, etc.
- Strong SQL experience
- Utilize tools (Python, R, SQL, R Shiny) to build insights and solutions off varying data storage platforms
- Experience developing metrics, reports, visualizations and/or statistics while documenting code and adhering to data management principles
- Strong knowledge on forecasting models and math models that are used for predictions
- Performing descriptive statistics including mean, variance, median, correlation
- Joining and creating measurable insights from the data to be shared
- Developing metrics, reports, and statistics
- Support agile ceremonies and active participant in team meetings
- Strong attention to detail, excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, service orientation and strong relationship building skills
- Competent and curious to ask questions and learn to fill gaps, desire to teach and learn
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $65,600-$118,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture