Sr Data Scientist - Demand Forecasting (GAM, applied ML) ((Full-Time Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000184692
job family: Artificial Intelligence
schedule: Full time
JOIN US AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST – DEMAND FORECAST ENGINE
Join Target’s Artificial Intelligence team where you will define and shape what the future of retail looks like! Our team oversees the creation and development of the Demand Forecasting quantitative platform – developing the core algorithms and components that allows many Target divisions to evaluate and anticipate the demand and prices for every Target item at every Target store (i.e., millions of forecasts). We develop these algorithms and platform tools to be performant and accurate while also integrating them into our user’s workflow allowing Target to quickly respond to our guest’s needs.
In Target Demand Forecasting team, the Sr D Scientist contributes as follows:
- Help lead and develop near- and long-term forecasting algorithms that solve key Supply Chain and Merchandising business opportunities
- Train machine learning algorithms on tens of millions of data points
- Generate millions of forecasts across all the items in the Target enterprise stores
- Work closely with the Target teams and leaders to identify and lead new opportunities
- Analyze the complex and rich Target data to solve and evaluate valuable business problems that support Target enterprise decisions
- Help lead and develop large-scale implementations of machine learning models using Target’s rich data sources
- Collaborate with Target’s global AI team to develop effective, valuable and performant Ai solutions for Target
- MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Operations Research or equivalent work experience in related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Python, Java or Scala
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Strong engineering mindset and exposure to software engineering principles, agile methodologies, data pipeline engineering, distributed systems, and ML at scale
- Experience querying large databases with SQL, HQL or some variation
- Strong collaboration skills and willingness to teach, learn from both tech and business experts
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing algorithms for time series forecasting and demand forecasting engines
- Experience in establishing standards and best practices in the development and production deployment of statistical data models
- Experience using ML and Deep Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Kerasor PyTorch
Why grow your career with Target Ai?
You’ll work directly on the Ai/ML problems that have a significant impact on Target's entire Supply Chain, Merchandising, Digital and Forecasting teams.We value diversity! We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when we try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams.Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusionWe love open source! We leverage open-source and Target believes giving back to the community. Our team members contribute to the open-source communities and we get to do it during work hours. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $87,600 to $157,700.00 Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture