Sr Engineer - BlockchainApply Now Job ID: R0000128833 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
BLOCKCHAIN SR. ENGINEER
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As an engineer on the Blockchain team, you’ll develop solutions for initiatives across Target. The primary responsibilities of this role will be the development of the infrastructure to support blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. You will have the opportunity to contribute to:
- The open sourced ConsenSource product https://github.com/target/consensourcewhich is a certification tool backed by blockchain and distributed ledger technology.
- The Hyperledger Grid effort https://github.com/hyperledger/gridwhich is a supply chain middleware platform utilizing blockchain and distributed ledger technology.
- Exploration of additional primitives related to the practical application of Blockchain at an enterprise context.
Join this innovative team where you will constantly be learning a new and exciting technology!
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of this impactful team. As an Engineer, you’ll:
- Build infrastructure to support blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- Develop protocols, WASM based smart contracts, and more with the Rust programming language
- Partner with other external community members to develop open source solutions
- Collaborate with the product owner to develop the blockchain roadmap and meet with partners
- Develop Python scripts for ETL pipelines
What we provide you:
- A focus on learning and dedicated time to learn, including hack days
- A collaborative team focused on pair programming, mobbing, and inclusivity
- The ability to work on enterprise wide tools and capabilities
- A voice in planning, decision making, debugging, and execution
- Blockchain or distributed systems (Consensus algorithms, fault-tolerance, distributed compute)
- Polyglot with a focus on backend systems and scripting (Rust, Go, Python)
- CI/CD (Github, Git, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud & Compute Infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Understands and models Agile behaviors and concepts
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture