Sr Engineer - Endpoint SecurityApply Now Job ID: R0000154185 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
JOIN TARGET CYBER SECURITY SOLUTIONS AS A SR ENGINEER – ENDPOINT SECURITY
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertize in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Join Target's Cyber Solutions team where you will design, build and support solutions for Endpoint Security Data Services! This team provides the controls for many compliance and security policies by utilizing open source, custom and vendor supplied tools. From integrity monitoring to vulnerability scanning, to data platform engineering, flex your development and operation skills.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5 plus years of software development experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience with Unix/Linux administration
- Code development ability in Java, Python, GO, Ruby preferred
- Hands on experience using Big Data technologies – Kafka, FileBeat, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of DevOps including orchestration - Git, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Enterprise operations and support
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture