Sr. Engineer - Engineering EnablementApply Now Job ID: R0000007544 schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Parkway North, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Engineering Enablement team provides the DevOps pipeline tools that support how thousands of engineers at Target store, build, and deploy software. This work includes the deployment and configuration of industry leading continuous integration, code repository, binary repository, and system configuration tools as well as custom coding APIs and applications. The current toolset includes Artifactory, Drone, GitHub Enterprise, Jenkins, and Chef. The team blends ops and application development work, with a wide variety of work and technologies leveraged. Looking for a hands-on Engineer to provide insights into implementation approach and architecture, propose roadmap initiatives, mentor junior engineers, and work on both configuring and coding solutions.
The team creates an engineer-centric culture through team members selecting their own work, autonomy in implementation decisions, and debating ideas solely on merit. We work primarily in pairs or groups not only to share knowledge but to include a diversity of thought in all of our decisions. We encourage personal growth through variety of work, prioritizing career path discussions, and a commitment to continuous learning. The team enables smart risk and innovative experimentation by practicing blameless retrospectives, approaching every decision as an experiment, and focusing on learning through doing. We are an agile team that practices a blend of Scrum and Kanban, with a stress on independent, autonomous decisions of the team. We also have a flexible work environment as appropriate to the needs of the individual and team.
- Programming language polyglot: Java, sql, no-sql, Python, Ruby, Go, Rust, and more
- Infrastructure as Code: Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer
- Cloud Experience: Kubernetes, OpenStack, GCP
- CI/CD: GitHub, Drone, Jenkins
- Testing: Gatling, Selenium, K6, unit testing, functional testing, integration testing
- Linux administration: command line, network, security
- Open/Inner Source: Working with existing community projects, starting new efforts
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of software development experience
- Leverages DevOps practices to develop innovative automation solutions
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Utilizes troubleshooting skills to quickly assess and resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Posses knowledge and demonstrates proper use of Object Oriented principles
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigms
- Delivers continuously while utilizing test driven development strategies, software test automation, pipelines and containers
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture