Sr. Engineer - Vela (CI/CD Pipeline Automation Tool) Golang and ElmApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000166506
job family: Technology Engineering
schedule: Full time
JOIN TARGET AS A SR ENGINEER – VELA (Open-Source Pipeline Automation Toolkit in Golang and Elm)
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 30 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely! We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies and the brightest people to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration and we pride ourselves on being diverse, inclusive, versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every business to ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably for all!
- Vela is an open-source pipeline automation toolkit built by Target.
- Pipeline automation tools equip engineers with a platform to make automating code integration and deployment strategies faster and more approachable.
- Well-documented YAML syntax lets engineers design complex code pipelines with ease.
- Built with an emphasis on code concurrency and stability, to bring speed and reliability to the forefront.
- Intuitive User Interface makes interacting with your pipelines simple.
- Built on Linux container technology and written in Golang
- Active community of engineers, working together to make amazing software even better.
As a Sr. Engineer on the Vela team, you are part of an engineering team that builds and supports the vital infrastructure that allows Target engineers to code and deploy software with speed, ease, and confidence. You serve as a technical specialist delivering the engineering that powers the product. You develop keen insight into the technical architecture and design to deliver robust and scalable software components. You constantly demonstrate the depth of your expertise by solving engineering problems. You are passionate about the quality of software and balance between speed of delivering new features and robustness of the software components you implement. You can handle operational issues with little or no oversight. You actively review code to ensure the software quality and functional accuracy is maintained across the team. You are keen to learn the design and architecture of the product and participate in ceremonies that can influence both.
If you are excited to help build something awesome that engineers like us use every day, learn relevant skills that will last you a lifetime, and surround yourself with talented, enthusiastic engineers that have a thirst for writing fast, clean code, then come join us!
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- CI/CD Experience using Vela, Jenkins or another platform
- Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies in own scope of responsibility, and develops ability to apply these technologies
- Demonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Golang or Elm
- Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture