Sr Engineering Manager - Network SecurityApply Now Job ID: R0000058230 schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Parkway North, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
The Network Security product team’s vision is to deliver a world class network security capability through risk analysis and security solutions that protect team members from network-based threats while enabling business operations and innovation. To drive this vision, we aim to reduce network attack surface and simplify network threat prevention with automation and cloud enabled services, while providing measurable comprehensive network security solutions that enable visibility, accelerate response and prevention on Target's network.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality, secure code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development-focused security engineers with a focus on driving their success.
- Ensure the design and architecture of your team’s technical solutions conforms to security best practices.
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment.
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code and systems config adheres to all development & security standards
- Partner with other teams both across security and large IT to deliver broad solutions for the enterprise.
- 5+ years of information security experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration
- Strong sense of ownership and teamwork
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Can draw on examples in their past of how they inspired individuals and teams to accomplish goals greater than was known to be possible at the time
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with either Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework or Python and associated frameworks
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture