Sr IA Business AnalystApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000181263
job family: Accounting
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 500 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, a role in Target Inventory Accounting & Analysis, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience, and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you’ll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
As a Sr IA Business Analyst in Inventory Accounting & Analysis, you will analyze Systems/Data/Processes to improve Inventory Accuracy and the Guest Experience. Support cross functional business partners with sound data analysis and insights influencing optimal outcomes. Trouble shoot inventory related issues, both financial and unit, and work with cross functional teams to address issues identified. You will validate new systems to ensure financial and unit integrity, partnering across teams. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree with 3-5 years experience with business processes and systems or equivalent work experience, specializing in analytics and problem solving
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude; Advanced Excel skills, exposure to SQL, R, Hadoop, Hive and/or ability to learn new lanquages to problem solve
- Ability to blend business knowledge and data to influence business partners to drive business changes to improve inventory accuracy, profitability and improved guest experience using solid data and expertise
- Ability to work with ambiguous data and communicate complex concepts in simple ways to generate clarity, comprehension and actionable insights to drive change
- Proven collaborator, works well with a team as well as on individual assignments
- Proven ability to multitask and quickly reprioritze projects to meet aggressive deadlines based on company initiatives
- Ability to be resilent and adaptable working through challenges
- High level of initiative with the ability to work independently
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture