Sr Inventory Accounting Business AnalystApply Now Job ID: FIN000A2W Date posted: 01/11/2019 Location: 0591 - HQ Target Northern Campus, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Sr Inventory Accounting (IA) Business Analyst
Date: January 2019
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Finance Ops calls on your skills for quality financial and inventory reporting and accurate financials and technical accounting while providing thoughtful and responsive support, expertise and guidance to business partners. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and core retail operations.
As a Sr IA Business Analyst, you will analyze Unit inventory system and/or process issues to attain accurate unit inventory. You will interact with many cross functional teams and participate in cross functional projects related to inventory accuracy and instocks. This position is project based and requires ability to work with large amount of complex data to identify system and/or process opportunities.
- B.A/B.S degree with 3-5 years experience with business processes and systems
- 2 years Target or related experience in replenishment, financial, merchandising and/or systems
- Capability to write and understand Structured Query Language (SQL) syntax, as well as a working knowledge of, or the desire to learn structured and unstructured databases including Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Ability to adapt to new organizational tools
- Ability to blend business knowledge with knowledge of systems to logically validate information
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, partnering and organizational skills
- Ability to think open-mindedly, proactively and be future oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently including driving change, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Proven analytical skills working with complex data and understanding of system/process flows to identify and drive improvement opportunities
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture