Sr iOS EngineerApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000329408
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Join the team that brings Target guests their “shopping and saving sidekick” – the guest facing Target Android and iOS shopping app.
As a Senior iOS Engineer on the Flagship mobile team you will:
• Explore new technologies in the retail and mobile space
• Establish standards and best practices for you and the team to deliver clean, scalable, and maintainable code
• Collaborate with Product and Design to establish and drive the product vision
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in software design & development
• 3+ years of experience developing apps for iOS
• Experience developing in Swift
• In-depth knowledge of native tools and frameworks (e.g., Swift, UIKit, Xcode, Instruments, etc.)
• Experience distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
• Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, REST APIs, etc.)
• Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
• Excellent debugging, performance and optimization skills
• Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
• Strong sense of software architecture and ability to thrive in large codebases on large teams
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Experience following best practices in developing iOS apps at scale on large, distributed teams, including modular app architecture, frameworks, build pipeline, on-prem and cloud CI/CD, automated testing, observability, code review, static analysis, etc.
• Deep expertise in Apple development, tools, and frameworks
• Experience with SwiftUI
• Experience working with modern Swift Concurrency
• Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
• Experience developing highly successful apps that enjoy wide scale distribution
• Experience with design/development/use of analytics solutions
• Experience with agile methodology
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member’s core role will need to be performedboth onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture