Sr Software EngineerApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000218606
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Sr. Engineer, you will be responsible for technical design and development of near-real-time data streaming ingest applications and integrations. If you are a software developer with a passion for data, cutting-edge technology, and enterprise level solutions, this opportunity is for you! Development efforts will include applications to collect, aggregate, and visualize data to accurately depict the inventory of, and dependencies between, Target's technology inventory. Data will come from multiple sources using multiple methods, including SQL queries, API calls, and Kafka topics. You'll also be responsible for exposing our aggregated data as a service for others to consume (API & Kafka). In this role, you will establish partnerships with key platform service providers ("X as a Service" teams) to ensure alignment and accuracy of information.
About the Role:
- Apply your skills, experience, and talents to groundbreaking thinking to achieve truly visionary goals.
- Build and maintain a data platform that can answer the Operations, Security, and Technology ownership questions of Target's technology inventory.
- Employ test driven development and continuous integration practices to develop software and systems.
- Contribute to discussions with other engineers and partners to drive solutions that improve technology and data availability
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- JVM languages (JAVA, Groovy, Kotlin)
- REST API
- Elastic Search
- Graph Database
- Test Automation
- CI/CD tools
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target’s technology capabilities, and key competitors’ products and differentiating features
- Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture