Team Lead CollectionsApply Now Job ID: R0000062444 schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
FRS includes several contact centers focused on the quick and seamless resolution of a variety of issues. From REDcard® Guest Services to the Client Support Center (CSC), we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. We directly support Target’s bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best, from headquarters to stores to distribution centers.
As a Team Lead in Collections, you’ll lead a group of collectors who discuss delinquent accounts with account holders over the telephone. The Team Lead is responsible for ensuring that individual team members meet performance expectations, and that the team meets its goals. You’ll analyze team member performance and recommend improvements to collection training, approach, systems, etc. You’ll also provide consistent, supportive, and constructive feedback to each team member on the quality and quantity of their work. You’ll inspire team work between each team member and with other collection groups. As a Team Lead you will also be responsible for meeting expense and staffing commitments. In addition, you will complete special projects that will help us move our business forward as assigned.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- M-TH 10:30am-7:00pm with one late night 12:30pm-9:00pm (the late night is a rotation between the leaders)
- Friday we are open to 5:00pm so it’s either 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm
- Every sixth Saturday from 7:00am-3:30pm
• Four-year degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of previous supervisory experience
• Excellent communication, organization, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to coach team members to both be assertive and guest focused, to inspire them to perform at their best, and ability to manage performance when it’s not meeting expectations
• Proven skills in handling challenging team member situations in a manner that leads to effective resolution and a positive work environment
• Strong customer service perspective/experience
• Ability to flex schedule to meet the demands of a seven day a week operation
• Demonstrate innovative and creative problem solving skills by looking for ways to improve the business and taking partners to see it through to implementation
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture