UI EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000152843 job family: User Experience & Interface schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile, and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
About this Opportunity
The tech.target.com UI team builds and maintains Target’s newly refreshed external Tech Blog and tech communications platform. We work closely with the Target.com Web Team and architect solutions to accommodate new feature requests; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the tech.target.com web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our site visitors with a great experience on tech.target.com.
As part of this team, you will be a front-line contributor to target’s Tech Blog that will share stories about our tech team and capabilities. We aim for a balance of deep tech and culture topics that showcase Target as a top-tier engineering organization with a commitment to experimentation, continuous learning, and diversity and inclusion. We are seeking an engineer who can jump in and contribute to our projects. As a Front-End Engineer at Target, you will use your skills, experience, and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:
- Contribute to our full-stack Node.js and React universal application
- Contribute to our Tech Blog product
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is accurate
- 1 + years of software development experience
- 1 + years of experience in web technologies
- Experience with web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Node.js and React
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on projects facilitating true CI and CD
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture