Senior Network Operations ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000034196 Date posted: 07/18/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 7377 Alcoa Road, Bryant, Arkansas, United States, 72022;
0501 HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown,33 South 6th Street,Minneapolis,Minnesota,United States,55402-3601
SENIOR NETWORK OPS MANAGER
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
As a Sr. Network Ops Manager, you’ll be responsible for performance management by defining and managing the relationship with carrier/3PLs in the respective market, analyzing trending defects to identify root cause, implementing corrective actions and performing weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reviews. By defining metrics, measuring performance and auditing carrier/3PL adherence, you will own process compliance and improvement. You will play a key role in new carrier scouting and mobilization and will ensure new carriers are on-boarded by providing training to the external partners. Levering the weekly forecast, you will align with carriers/3PLs to ensure there uninterrupted product flow by having enough capacity to support the volume demand. You will represent Target with external partners, and will own the network operations center framework with the goal to reduce defect rates, drive operational improvements, build requirements for technology projects and partner with Target HQ teams to determine deployment timelines. Acting as the single point of contact for key internal and external partners in your market, you will provide input on optimization and cost improvements. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Minimum Requirements and key competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated structured problem solving experience
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects or programs and comfortability with project management tools
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that can be tailored to different audiences and environments
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths from current to future state
- Understanding of financial modeling
- Analytical curiosity and competency to drive data-driven decisions
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable navigating and leading through ambiguous situations, across diverse stakeholders, and influencing without authority
- Experience in transportation and/or related supply chain experience
- Degree in supply chain or supply chain related discipline or MBA
- Experience working within Agile methodology
- Certifications: Lean/Six Sigma, PMP
Location: Southeast Region (GA or AR)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture