Distribution Center Operations Director- Burlington, NJApply Now Job ID: R0000065033 schedule: Full time Location: 1800 N Rte 130, Burlington, New Jersey, United States, 08106-3017;
3844 Perth Amboy Flow Center,980 High Street,Perth Amboy,New Jersey,United States,08861
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
An Operations Director role entails leading with a focus on safety, continuous improvement, relationship building, communication and strategic thinking. You will lead an entire functional area business unit or Supply Chain location. You will foster a “safety first” culture through awareness, training and accountability. Your guidance will help other operational leaders achieve established standards of service, quality, accuracy and productivity. You’ll leverage a mix of key metrics, Lean Six Sigma, GEMBA walks and other activities to understand what’s working well and where to improve. Your teams will be enabled to do their best work in an environment of innovation, calculated risk, testing and learning. Getting to know your team and championing their unique strengths will motivate and inspire them to reach higher. With your support, both teams and individuals will improve through their clear understanding of goals and expectations, mutual accountability and regular constructive feedback. Your skills for planning and execution will take center stage as you set individual and team priorities and proactively structure resources to meet them. Open and articulate communication will be key to presenting the big picture, and your commitment to “walk the walk” will show solidarity as you spend time on the floor every day, observing and interacting with your team members.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Four year degree, preferably in the areas of Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Technology, Operations, or related business, or a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the manufacturing, production, or distribution environment and applicable management/supervisory experience or 18-36 months as an Operations Manager
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Ability to motivate others with strong conflict management and problem solving skills
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and termination
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Able to access all areas of the DC, including mezzanine platforms
- Able to read and interpret necessary policies and procedures to perform updates and operate systems and other programs within the Distribution Center, for example ability to cross over the conveyors
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture