Distribution Center Senior Operations Manager, Engineering & Facilities - Cedar Falls, IAApply Now Job ID: R0000087534 job family: Distribution Center Management schedule: Full time Location: 2200 Vikings Rd, Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States, 50613;
Senior Operations Manager, Engineering and Facilities
A role in Distribution and Receive Centers means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. Whether it’s through focusing on regional or upstream distribution centers, target.com fulfillment centers, or import warehouses, you’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide. There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem solving drive our results; Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
A role as a SeniorOperations Manager, Engineering and Facilities is an opportunity to lead with a focus on safety, continuous improvement, relationship building, communication and strategic thinking. You will foster a “safety first” culture through awareness, training and accountability. You’ll have the autonomy to innovate with new approaches to process and method, all in the name of efficiency. Your guidance will help other operational leaders achieve established standards of service, quality, accuracy and productivity. You’ll manage the budget, processes and results for a critical portion of the Engineering & Facilities business, and implement transformational projects and capital improvements that take your Distribution Center to the next level. Getting to know your team and championing their unique strengths will motivate and inspire them to reach higher. With your support, both teams and individuals will improve through their clear understanding of goals and expectations, mutual accountability and regular constructive feedback. Bring your expertise to the table as you develop and operationalize a facility management program, including preventative maintenance and lifecycle requirements. Optimize material handling uptime with inventory management solutions. Positively influence the operation through regular facilities inspections to ensure compliance with all health and safety standards as well as industry codes. And be a key resource who is visible and available by spending time on the floor every day, observing and interacting with members of your team and others.
- Four year degree, preferably in the areas of Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Technology, Operations, or related Business; or a minimum 3-5 years of experience in the manufacturing, production, or distribution environment and applicable management/supervisory experience or 18-36 months as an Operations Manager
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgment in stressful situations
- Ability to motivate others with strong conflict management and problem solving skills
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and termination
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends, and holidays
- Able to access all areas of the DC, including mezzanine platforms
- Able to read and interpret necessary policies and procedures to perform updates and operate systems and other programs within the Distribution Center, for example ability to cross over the conveyors
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture