Food and Beverage Director (Multi-Unit)- UtahApply Now Location: 200 N. Market Place Dr, Centerville, Utah, United States, 84014-1752; job id: R0000185260
job family: Store Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
Food & Beverage Director Job Description
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy of everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that cares, grows, and wins together. A team that is inclusive, makes connections and brings their passion and pride to all that they do. As a Food & Beverage Director, you establish market-based perishable food and beverage expertise to bring strategies to life. You support the development and implementation of enterprise strategy to ensure key market sales and profit growth.
ALL ABOUT FOOD AND BEVERAGE
You support all aspects of a profitable food and beverage business that has one purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life.
You utilize your industry expertise to influence field and store leaders to deliver eye-catching, fresh and full presentations that inspire every guest to fulfill their wants and needs in food and beverage.
You develop experts to become connoisseurs of their area and support and train teams to consistently deliver sales growth through a clean, safe and rewarding shopping experience.
You advance our reputation in food by influencing and amplifying merchant initiatives and providing expertise in your market to blend your passion, knowledge and food experience to offer solutions that make Target the destination for all things food and beverage.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Food & Beverage Director can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience supporting a guest-centric culture in food and beverage areas across a multi-unit market of stores
• Knowledge of food and beverage business fundamentals: department and market sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns and satisfaction, and pricing and promotions strategies
• Skills in business financials (e.g. payroll, profit and loss) and driving sales growth in food and beverage
• Skills in creating business and market specific strategies by leveraging data and metrics and partnering with a team of store leaders to deliver results in food and beverage areas
• Experience influencing talent strategies in a multi-unit market and building skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent development for exempt leaders in food and beverage
• Ability to influence and provide thoughtful feedback to key partners (e.g. Group/District leadership, HR, HQ) to support company strategies and food and beverage business growth
• Ability to assess market competition, leveraging guest insights and feedback to influence store leadership in making business decisions in food and beverage
As a Food & Beverage Director, you will establish, develop, and lead market-based perishable food and beverage expertise in order to bring company strategies to life. These responsibilities include:
Drive your business to grow sales
• Support food and beverage operations strategy in assigned market by providing industry expertise and collaboration with peers and group leadership.
• Utilize data and market expertise to influence assortment upstream with HQ merchandising teams.
• Lead implementation and adoption of food and beverage strategy and process changes through store partnerships which deliver on our purpose and growing profitable sales.
• Establish market based goals and execution strategies in partnership with direct to store delivery vendors in order to drive mutual business growth.
Cultivate a guest-centric salesforce to drive sales and efficiency
• Lead and create a service culture utilizing tools and routines that model, train, and coach behavioral expectations to deliver the service standard
• Lead and drive food and beverage execution in stores through teaching and training.
• Collaborate, influence, and support group leadership with resource allocation and prioritization.
• Coach, manage and lead market-based Food & Beverage Coordinators
• Educate at all levels to develop food and beverage acumen and business ownership that drives sales and increases profit.
• Execute food safety strategy in stores by driving field leaders to hold teams accountable to produce and handle safe food and follow up with urgency on identified issues.
• Deliver guest experience through supporting and training store leadership team and Food & Beverage Experts on merchandising, food safety and quality, and ensuring that team members are executing routines and processes.
• Cultivate organizational expertise in food and beverage through assisting in the evaluation, selection, and retention of talent.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
• All other duties based on business needs.
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food & Beverage Director. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of food and beverage experience
• Lead strategic vision and drive organizational change
• Experience influencing key business partners
• Operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
• Proven experience quickly adapting to changing priorities and tasks
• Project and process management/ownership experience
• Work in high intensity situations with composure and ease
• Strong process background as well as critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Establish and maintain cross-functional working relationships
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Food safety and compliance expertise
• Experience supporting stores/field organization
• Training experience
• Supervisory experience
• Strong leadership and influencing skills
• Must be able to travel within market area
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture