Director Roundel Sales- Agency Central /WestApply Now Job ID: R0000066075 schedule: Full time Location: 318 W Adams St, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60606-5116;
Director of Sales, Agency Development Central/West, Roundel
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves in connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love and our business. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies, media and ad tech companies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Roundel is Target’s entry into the media business; an advertising sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe content environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We operate with the ethos of trust and transparency and that media works best when it works in everyone’s best interest. At the very root of that, Roundel is here to drive business growth for our clients, and redefine “value” in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. We are here to drive a key growth initiative for Target and to lead the industry to a better way of operating within the media marketplace.
The Director of Sales, Agency Development Central/West, Roundel leads a team of talented sales professionals who bring market-leading media strategies and innovative solutions that exceed our clients’ needs. Your charge in this role will be to lead and develop a world class sales organization charged with driving aggressive ad revenue growth from Global Agency clients for Roundel. In addition to team leadership, act as the executive in the field with key agency clients and top agency client executives. Apply your proven success in building and leading strong teams in this dynamic evolving industry and play a critical role in delivering the profitable financial results that benefit the entire enterprise.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement revenue generation and sales growth strategies for Roundel from clients within your assigned agency partners.
- Build, Lead and develop a talented team of media sales professionals within who partner with the nation’s top agencies across the Central and Western USA to uncover growth opportunities.
- Foster a ‘client focused’ and ‘one team’ culture within your team balancing client needs with leveraging Roundel’s product and capability suite.
- Implement strategies for your team to deliver on financial goals and set priorities at the team and individual level while actively coaching and managing individual seller performance.
- Develop strategies to ensure a healthy sales pipeline for your team’s business and hold your team accountable to meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Work cross-functionally across other Roundel and Target areas to define enterprise level strategies and alignment that will drive ad revenue growth.
- Inspire and lead your team by setting clear direction and accountability for activity that drives revenue.
- Lead your team to be critical thought partners internally and to be a client-facing for your assigned agency partners.
- Actively participate in client meetings with your team providing leadership in the field and establishing leader presence in market
This position is a key leadership role for a growing organization, reporting to Sr. Director of Sales for Roundel, and will be based in either Chicago or the greater Los Angeles area.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of delivering on sales goals as well as building, developing and leading sales teams who generate revenue of $100M+
- 10+ years digital media sales and/or marketing experience
- Strong relationships across the industry and relationships within the ad agency community(ies) a must.
- Extensive knowledge of the digital media environment, trends / technology and agency landscape
- Solution oriented and strategic team player
- Must be willing to travel
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture