Distribution Center Senior IT Systems Engineer - Chicago, ILApply Now Job ID: R0000109006 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 3501 S Pulaski Rd, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60623;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer on the Distributed Technical Operations (DTO) team, you serve as the technical expert across a wide range of IT products (devices, applications and infrastructure) with overall responsibility for IT services and operations at a Target Distribution Center (DC). You oversee the daily operation of the DC’s Computer/Server room and all other IT infrastructure, tools and applications at the DC. You accomplish this through close partnerships and communication with your business partners in the DC, your peer Senior Engineers at other DC locations, and your key IT product engineering team counterparts at HQ. You manage a vendor technician resource in prioritizing and performing hands-on technical maintenance. You observe and analyze operating methods and procedures to make recommendations for improvements. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You demonstrate initiative, and bring a customer service focus to everything you do. Because of you, your DC business partners are more productive, your HQ IT product teams are more efficient, and your Computer room remains safe, stable and secure.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years technology experience, preferably working in an Agile (scrum/Kanban) project environment
- Strong technical aptitude and skills including network, server, telephony and desktop experience
- Strong technical knowledge of IT and/or Distribution operations, hardware and applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong reasoning, troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to manage vendor partners
- Willingness to adjust working hours and/or respond to on-call escalations of technology/infrastructure incidents or business needs, including occasional night and weekend hours.
- Ability to be on call 24/7 (backups available for vacation coverage)
- Willingness to travel to support other sites (occasionally, as needed)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture