Engineering & Facilities Administrative AssistantApply Now Job ID: R0000124916 job family: Administrative Assistants schedule: Full time Location: 3501 S Pulaski Rd, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60623;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time.
A role in Distribution and Receive Centers means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. Whether it’s through focusing on regional or upstream distribution centers or import warehouses, you’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide. There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem solving drive our results; Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
As an Engineering & Facilities Administrative Assistant, you’ll work on a variety of exciting and challenging tasks and functions such as: key accounts payable/receivable tasks with numerous external vendors; local sourcing, procurement and cash handling; and managing compliance with environmental, food safety and other regulatory programs. You will balance your time between many time-sensitive tasks, maintain key relationships that support the successful operation of the supply chain facility, and ensure that key budget information, accounting systems and compliance documentation are maintained accurately and inspection-ready at all times. You will work closely with building leaders to order operational supplies, the Senior Administrative Assistant for building administrative tasks, and the Computerized Maintenance Management System technicians for procurement and accounts payable functions. You will partner closely with various Target corporate teams for budgeting, insurance claims management, and regulatory compliance management. You will help maintain external vendor relationships with hundreds of large and small suppliers for performance management and expense payment purposes.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Please note that job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Highly organized with exceptional time management skills
- Flexible and able to multi-task between many functions and roles on a daily basis
- Attention to detail and precise record keeping
- Analytical and problem solving skills - ability to research, identify emerging problems and exceptions, and resolve issues before they become major problems
- Ability to operate effectively independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to manage key relationships with building stakeholders and external contacts, with demonstrated ability to drive desired results in tense or confrontational situations
- Vendor management abilities, with clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- Financial management abilities - ability to process invoices into electronic accounting systems, reconcile problem transactions, and audit for accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Expert competence with standard office software tools and familiarity with mainstream financial and accounting software
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture