Onsite Representative - Bedford Park, ILApply Now Location: 3501 S Pulaski Rd, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60623-4926; job id: R0000210351
job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
7001 S. Harlem Avenue
Bedford Park, IL 60638
Position Hours are Mon-Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics (GSCL) is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Supply Chain Operations means the opportunity to contribute to an emerging new team that’s adding smart and capable people all the time. You will apply data science, analytics and your impressive technical and logistical aptitudes to make sure that our products are processed efficiently. Your passion meets your vision when it comes to working the data, solving problem statements, gap analysis and asking the all-important question of “What if … ?”
About the Job:
As an Onsite Representative supporting Target’s third party logistics operations team, you will serve as primary partner and sole representation for the third part logistics site, on Target’s behalf as part of the Indirect and/or Reverse Logistics team. In this role, you will focus on providing the optimum level of service to Target’s Supply Chain partners and influencing the total capacity and fiscal performance for the third party logistics site. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining open communications with internal and external customers and suppliers to support this business. You will also work to maintain and communicate an enterprise wide focus with an emphasis on Supply Chain initiatives and goals, while working closely and collaboratively with third party logistics provider to achieve critical business initiatives.
- Daily DOB, LOS, and other KPI monitoring and escalations
- Daily monitoring of YMS by category lane (salvage, recycling, etc.) and partner/transportation escalations based on OB vendor pickup performance
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with GSCL partners in order to effectively influence exceptional Store experience.
- Mentor and influence the third party site leader to foster a culture of continuous improvement with a primary focus on problem solving and operational efficiencies.
- Establish and maintain an effective partnership with the third party leadership team as an operational subject matter expert to foster clear communication and collaboration across organizations.
- Have a high bar for operational and cultural results
- Ensure performance plans are set, achieved, maintained, and continuously improved
- Influence a strategic partner and build ability to exceed Store experience requirements throughout the total supply chain process, from our vendors to our distribution center to our guests/stores
- Influence a safe workplace by advocating safety training and accident preparedness
- Operate as a total business owner through both operational results and long term strategic initiatives
- Serve as a coordination partner with the DC outbound coordinator roles and Middle Mile market logistics leaders as Middle Mile manages trailer pools between sites and the management of adhoc requests
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture