Supply Chain Assets Protection Operations Intern (Chicago, IL) Starting Summer 2024
3501 S Pulaski Rd Chicago, Illinois
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Joining Target means promoting a culture of mutual care and respect and striving to make the most meaningful and positive impact.
Becoming a Target team member means joining a community that values diverse voices and lifts each other up. Here, we believe your unique perspective is important, and you'll build relationships by being authentic and respectful. We're always striving to do what is right for Target, our team and guests by following our words with actions, collaborating across the organization to accomplish goals, and recognizing each other's wins.
Our values are at the core of who we are. They guide our daily behaviors, enabling us to bring our vision and purpose to life. These values fuel our culture and ensure every member of our team is working toward a common goal.
We value diverse voices and approaches. We act with authenticity and respect. We create equitable experiences for all.
We build trusted relationships. We collaborate across business functions. We recognize and celebrate progress.
We do what is right for Target, our team and guests. We deliver results that matter. We continually learn by valuing progress over perfection.
It feels like a family. There’s no better way to explain it. I love learning as much as I can here and there’s a lot of room to grow.- Shalonda, Warehouse Worker
Benefits / Rewards
Target offers our eligible team members comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves.
Plus, all of our U.S.-based team members get access to 24/7 virtual health care visits via the CirrusMD app and access to Grokker, a free fitness and well-being platform.
We invest in and prioritize the mental health and well-being of our team by providing resources, space and support for through your entire well-being journey. We provide all team members and members of their household with free, confidential, 24/7 access to trained clinicians through our employee assistance program, Team Member Life Resources. Additionally, we offer access to a self-paced cognitive based therapy program available through Team Member Life Resources, at no cost, to cover concerns such as anxiety, sleep and substance misuse.
We offer benefits and tools to help you and your family make good financial decisions today and for the future.
We provide access to a full banking institution through our credit union membership, help you save for your retirement through the TGT 401(k) plan with matching contributions up to 5% of eligible earnings and offer a 10% team member discount on merchandise, with an additional 20% discount on wellness items at Target.
Time-off, life & family
At Target, we value well-being and encourage work-life balance. We offer a suite of family-centric benefits to eligible team members that help you build and balance the needs of your family and career, while encouraging you to enjoy activities and interests outside of work.
Our time-off plan provides eligible team members with company paid national holidays and accrued vacation (based on hours worked and years of service). Other family support benefits include paid family leave, reimbursement to help cover adoption or surrogacy fees, and programs to help you secure quality back-up or reliable primary care, extra academic support, pet sitters and more.
Target offers industry-leading education assistance benefits to support your continuous learning as you build skills for a lifetime. Through our Dream to Be program, in partnership with Guild, team members have access to tuition-free options from 250 business-aligned programs across more than 40 schools.
We're market-competitive to ensure we recruit and retain a highly engaged and diverse team. In addition to competitive base pay, we offer variable pay programs to eligible team members to reward both corporate and individual performance.
Supply Chain Assets Protection Operations Intern (Chicago, IL) Starting Summer 2024Location: 3501 S Pulaski Rd, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60623-4926; job id: R0000299284
job family: Intern
ALL ABOUT TARGET
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. And our Distribution Centers are key to that success, whether guests shop our stores or online. It’s our DC team who make sure that products arrive at our stores (and guests’ doorsteps) on time, every time.
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN LEADERSHIP
As an Assets Protection Operations Intern, you’ll gain a realistic job preview into life as an Assets Protection Operations Manager. You will have the opportunity to learn to lead, motivate and influence a team, and be responsible for the execution of Assets Protection routines and initiatives to support secure environments and protect Target’s profitability. You will also learn to lead a secure work environment that ensures the security of our teams, vendors, buildings and merchandise. The Assets Protection team’s function is to provide a secure environment for our team members and mitigate shortage to increase profitability in a Target distribution center. Assets Protection teams will do this by leading a physical security culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and educating team members on operational shortage priorities. It’s the leadership you will learn that will guide your team to proactively plan to increase supply chain efficiencies. We’ll be supporting you with extensive training to help you grow as a strong assets protection operations intern. During our summer program, you will work closely with a mentor while learning different business areas and functions within our buildings. You will spend your days learning to lead and motivate a team and drive results. It will be your acquired leadership that guides your team to grow and achieve goals.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Assets Protection Operations Intern can provide you with the:
• Experience in building and managing a team culture
• Skills on how to make an impact on our guests; problem solving and resolution
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
• Experience setting and planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver goals
• Experience managing a team of hourly team members and creating business strategies and goals
As an Assets Protection Operations Intern, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Provide new ideas and recommend solutions to business or team opportunities
• Take initiative to learn how to be a Target leader by seeking out opportunities for growth and development; continuously learn throughout the internship experience
• Commit to learning Target’s expectations of leaders and use them to personally develop by asking questions and seeking feedback
• Actively participate in internship program training activities, developmental opportunities and events.
• Demonstrate willingness to take risks; step out of comfort zone and take on new assignments
• Partner with leaders regarding TM performance by teaching, coaching, training and delivering timely performance feedback
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance; learn to lead the team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
• Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow-up on opportunity areas. Work with buildings leaders each day to set goals and expectations
• Gain understanding of all business areas to develop business acumen
• Foster an inclusive, diverse, safe and secure culture
• Carry out principle duties and responsibilities by department through internship rotations as trained.
• All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited… We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say “I LOVE TARGET!” excites you… That’s why we love working at Target
• You enjoy leading teams who are working to get products to our stores and guests… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for a Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), getting merchandise to our teams and guests
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Assets Protection Operations Intern. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- College Senior class standing or entering senior year; G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong critical thinking, reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Ability to interpret instructions, reports, and other data
- Ability to climb up and down ladders
- Ability to scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular work attendance necessary
- Ability to work in a safe manner at all times to benefit yourself and others; identify and correct hazards; comply with all safety policies and best practices
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.