Assets Protection SpecialistApply Now Job ID: R0000069254 job family: Store Hourly - Security & Loss Prevention schedule: Variable Location: 9901 York Rd, Cockeysville, Maryland, United States, 21030-3407;
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You will deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe and secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks in order to drive sales.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
AP teams function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests, and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Assets Protection Specialist can provide you with the:
• Skills using surveillance and intelligence-led tactics to keep team members and guests safe and secure while aiding in the reduction of shortage
• Ability to use Target's video surveillance system to monitor guests and identify potential theft risks
• Ability to implement Target's Assets Protection practices and routines to reduce and prevent shortage
• Ability to properly and effectively document cases
• Experience identifying strategic resolutions of external theft and fraud, and apprehension
As an Assets Protection Specialist, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Know your role in supporting total store sales and increase profitability by ensuring product is in stock and available to our guests.
• Resolve theft by using good judgement and conducting high-quality apprehensions in shortage focus areas while strictly adhering to policy and procedures and AP leadership guidance.
• Identify theft trends by leveraging technology, reporting and surveillance tactics.
• Drive a theft prevention culture by implementing action plans of AP leadership to reduce shortage by improving processes and merchandise protection standards.
• Identify, escalate and support internal theft investigations at the direction of AP leadership.
• Prevent theft by gathering intelligence and communicating important issues.
• Understand and appropriately use video systems to monitor theft activity and support internal cases.
• Respond to security incidents and submit appropriate documentation for all incidents following AP policy and procedures.
• Lead a physical security and safety culture for our team members and guests by creating awareness and training safe and secure standards throughout the building.
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Model safe behaviors at all times while maintaining a clean store.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do.
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Assets Protection Specialist. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Effective communication skills
• Work both independently and with a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Apprehend subjects in accordance with company policy
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture