F&B Senior Director In-Training (SDIT) - Denton, TXApply Now Job ID: R0000062620 schedule: Full time Location: 3255 Airport Rd, DENTON, Texas, United States, 76207;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At Target, food is life. So it’s the mission of our newly integrated Food & Beverage organization to help our guests more easily discover the joy of food. We thrive on giving families new favorite ways to eat well and cook less, simply and affordably. With curated in-store experiences and a streamlined assortment designed to inspire and save time, we understand the importance of food to our guests’ everyday life—from snack duty at soccer practice to important family gatherings and holidays. Join our centralized Food & Beverage team where you’ll partner with people from literally every area of the business. Here, you’ll help dream up new ways to offer our guests a reliably wonderful experience with the freshness, selection and value they expect and deserve from Target.
A role in Target’s Food Supply Chain is a chance to truly serve our guests with speed, freshness and quality. We strengthen the efficiency of product delivery and partner across Target’s Global Supply Chain to provide the highest quality food products to our guests—on time, every time. Here, your role might be extracting business insights from data, solving problem statements, conducting gap analysis and recommending focus areas for leadership. Or you’ll be an inventory management resource whose specialized point of view informs what we buy, from whom, how much and where it needs to go from there. You’ll leverage inventory positioning to achieve the best possible product availability, and establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time delivery. Or join our team in a food distribution center where you’re on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator that keeps Target guests coming back for more.
To support our growth and provide better service to our guests we are planning to expand our Food Distribution Network over the next several years. To accomplish this we are looking for outstanding leaders to join our organization as Senior Directors Of Distribution In-Training (SDITs), learn about our business, and eventually lead a new or existing Food Distribution Center as a Senior Director.
In the SDIT role, individuals will join an existing Food Distribution Center (FDC) team and go through a fast paced, experiential training program over a period of 12-18 months. During this program you will be fully immersed in the business. You’ll start with a visit to our headquarters in Minneapolis and begin to become familiar with Target’s culture by learning about our company’s purpose, vision and values. You’ll meet our Food and Beverage leadership team and learn about our vision and strategic priorities and how they’re coming to life.
Next, you’ll return to your home building and learn about the business by completing team member/leader shadowing experiences in every part of our operation. You’ll work side by side with the Senior Director, learning, then leading key routines that help deliver total building performance. You’ll meet Store partners and their Food leadership teams, experiencing what they do, how the FDC impacts their team and what’s most important to our guest. In-short, you’ll not just learn about our Supply chain – you’ll fully experience it!
Upon completion of the SDIT role, you’ll move on to lead a new or existing Food Distribution Center as a fully trained Senior Director of Distribution. Your core role and responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading the FDC with balance – achieving strong operating results while building and maintaining a great culture that is centered on team member Engagement and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Prioritizing team member Safety and focusing on what’s best for the Guest and our total Supply Chain.
- Within operations meeting and exceeding Guest/Store Level of Service and Quality expectations while meeting Productivity and other budgetary requirements through collaboration and utilization CI methodology.
- Modeling personal development and driving developmental self-awareness and improvement within the leadership team. Understanding and facilitating movement of leaders toward their career and developmental aspirations.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in the areas of Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Technology, Operations or Business
- 8+ years supply chain experience in Food and Beverage; preferred experience in fresh/perishable business and 3PL operations
- Strong demonstrated communication skills
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma and root cause analysis in a technical problem solving environment a plus.
- Proven ability to manage a cross-functional team to align resources and tactics against strategic business goals
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and proactively manage through conflicts and setbacks; Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends, and holidays
- Advanced degree; preferably in the areas of Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Technology, Operations, or Business
- Demonstrated career progression in a variety of experiences over 10-15 years
- 100% open to relocation
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture