Explore current openings to see how your skills and interests align with Target careers.
Sr HR Specialist | Edison, NJapply now Job ID STO000NPK Date posted 08/14/2017 Location Edison, New Jersey – United States
TAKE THE LEAD AS AN HR SPECIALIST
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: HR Coordinator, HR Assistant, HR Admin
About This Opportunity
Help Target foster a culture where team members feel valued and rewarded. Recruit top talent, effectively onboard and encourage career development, and support team members and candidates for Target stores, Distribution Centers and headquarters.
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will support the Stores HR at HQ team's focus on talent management to build the best team. You will provide assistance to the HRBP/HRMs at HQ by acting as a first point of contact for the businesses you support. You will ensure compliance and integrity of team member information to gather data and support the plan and execution of cyclical HR processes.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Human Resource Specialist, you'll take the lead as you…
- Coordinate HR functions and general administrative support for the HR group
- Report directly to the Group HR Manager and closely supports various field leaders
- Track reports and compiles metrics including diversity, turnover, performance management, headcount and other forms of measurement for the HR team
- Assist in calendar management, meeting planning, booking travel, and expense support
- Coordinate training and interview events
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years administrative experience
- Proficiency is Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Flexible team player with strong guest service orientation and ability to interface with individuals from all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.