Data EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000088575 job family: Data Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 1960 E Grand Ave, El Segundo, California, United States, 90245;
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demandprofessional-strengthformulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
See yourself working for an industry-leading prestige beauty retailer. As the VP Accounting & Financial Planning & Analysis, you are responsible for driving financial planning and accounting, including monitoring, forecasting, analysis and reporting for Dermstore. You will work closely with the CEO, as well as the Executive Team to develop and model new financial strategies. You will be the catalyst for assessing the underlying performance of the business, identifying trends and deciding how to evolve the strategy to produce even better financial results. You will also be responsible for the timely reporting of the financial forecast and accounting performance, both internally and to our investors.
Develops high-performance, scalable, repeatable, automated and secure deliverables. Participates in coding, review, testing, and debugging activities. Contributes to automation, lifecycle management, disaster recovery, data management, and total cost of ownership of technical services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems and troubleshoot advanced system issues.
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigms.
- Leads and conducts testing, and debugging activities at the application level.
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency).
- Converts agile stories into configuration and development tasks
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain.
- Understands enterprise data quality expectations throughout the data lifecycle.
- Automate various system tasks/processes that needs to and can be automated
- Applies independence and creativity to problem solving
- Perform data collection, analysis, and interpretation to identify process or system gaps for system automation
- Participate in scrum team, including attending daily stand-ups, bi-weekly sprint planning, bi-weekly demos, and backlog grooming sessions
- Maintains ongoing communications and awareness of the projects/plans/activities to the rest of the teams
- Troubleshoot issues with the production services, tools, dependent 3rd party applications
- Support production services (on-call rotation & escalation contact)
- 2-4 year degree in Technology or equivalent experience in professional development of user internet applications
- 4+ years database development experience
- DBA expertise in MySQL
- Coding expertise in MySQL
- Coding expertise in server-side language for automation
- Proficiency in Tableau or similar
- Ability to thrive and contribute positively in an extremely fast-paced, team environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture