Financial Reporting ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000061445 schedule: Full time Location: 1960 E Grand Ave, El Segundo, California, United States, 90245;
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
We are looking for a talented Financial Reporting Manager to join our team! Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Financial Reporting Manager will take a lead role in ensuring accurate, timely financial information. They will have daily collaboration with the company’s Accounting, IT and Operations key executives, which require excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. Successful candidates will not only have strong experience with financial reporting, but also have a “can-do” attitude, thrive on problem solving and be comfortable working with data and systems.
- Lead the preparation of period financial reports
- Prepare and review period-end journal entries
- Prepare and review GL account reconciliations and perform variance analyses
- Act as subject matter expert on Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Partner with Finance team on actual and forecast analysis
- Manage documentation of key system and business processes related to Accounting
- Develop solid relationships with cross functional business areas and Target Headquarters
- Help identify opportunities for process improvement
- Actively participate and contribute to related system/process rollouts
- Complete ad hoc analyses and projects, as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with 6 plus years of general accounting experience required
- CPA / public accounting experience is required
- Ecommerce/CPG experience a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience required and SAP a plus
- Above-average proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, V Lookups)
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively present information
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, as well as write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to apply, analyze, interpret and record business transactions according to generally accepted accounting principles
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with excellent attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with a commitment to the pursuit of quality work
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture