Marketing ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000107984 job family: Digital Marketing schedule: Full time Location: 1960 E Grand Ave, El Segundo, California, United States, 90245;
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
This role develops and manages marketing programs that attract, engage, and retain Dermstore customers and that build Dermstore brand equity. Leveraging strong brand marketing skills and working knowledge of all marketing channels, the Marketing Manager strategically creates Dermstore marketing programs and works with marketing channel specialists to optimize the programs’ message and experience goals across all relevant channels. The Marketing Manager is adept at writing program briefs that identify target customers, program objectives, KPIs, and a success-measurement plan. This role is a champion for the customer and the brand, and is skilled at positioning product brand stories (brand or product introductions, promotional events, editorial events) within customer relevant Dermstore brand messages. Skilled in retail and digital marketing, and highly effective as a communicator, the Marketing Manager drives profitable growth by delivering and analyzing the impact of marketing programs and by sharing learnings across the organization to inform continuous improvement.
· Builds brand marketing programs to support Dermstore brand strategies across marketing channels (email, loyalty, website, social, paid media, content).
· Works within the quarterly merch/marketing planning process to develop, plan, and integrate marketing programs, inclusive of briefing, program kick-off meetings, timeline/task management, content/creative, campaign messaging development, brand partnership coordination, and vendor relationships (if any)
· Provides regular competitive analysis and category KPI reports, and improves programs based on both
· Builds reciprocal partnerships cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization: merchandising, creative, brand marketing, channel marketing teams, loyalty, finance and data teams
· Highly organized and process driven and adept at working within workflow, calendar, and asset management tools.
· Works with Integrated Marketing Director to develop the overall integrated 360- marketing strategies to drive brand awareness and achieve financial targets
· Partners and guides in-house creative and design teams for creation of 360 marketing assets and collateral
· Creates ongoing measurement process for all initiatives to create a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
· Creates marketing programs that differentiate Dermstore and delight customers
· Partners with merchandising on identifying new opportunities to grow business
· Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish driving collaboration among cross functional partners internally and externally.
· Works in a way that adds to the Dermstore culture: bold, curious, driven, kind, collaborative, supportive of mutual sucess
· 6+ consumer brand marketing experience in a retail environment
· Strong digital marketing knowledge
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
· Strategic thinker, able to creatively solve problems and build team success
· Ability to translate business and brand strategy into marketing programs
· Strong financial acumen and ability to measure, analyze, and report out on actionable program learning insights
· Works autonomously with little supervision
· Flexible, adaptable, and able to navigate fast-changing retail environment
· Positive can do attitude
· Values partnerships, open dialogue, inclusivity and kindness
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture