Planning AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000033714 Date posted: 08/08/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 1960 E Grand Ave, El Segundo, California, United States, 90245;
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
The Business Planning Analyst is responsible for ensuring that accurate and consistent levels of inventory are maintained, maximizing revenue, profitability and return on invested capital. The Business Planning Analyst will create and manage sales and inventory profit financial plans aligned with strategic initiatives for individual categories and items. The Business Planning Analyst is responsible for analyzing, identifying and communicating sales opportunities and providing risk-mitigating recommendations.
The focus of this role is on maximizing profitability and inventory optimization while aligning with total company goals, category goals and customer expectations. This role is expected to provide insight and analysis on data for complex business questions.
60% Order Quantity Optimization
• Develop future replenishment product forecasts and continuously monitor performance and reorder recommendations on brand and SKU level.
• Ensure appropriate in-stock positions of key products with reorder plans.
• Recommend purchase orders related to plans.
• Work closely with Operations to monitor deliveries and adjust recommendations based on real-time performance.
• Accurately forecast future demands and determine plans for inventory.
• Monitor aged inventory and partner with merchandising partner and manger to create an action plan for such items.
• Scope projects based on specifications provided by the leadership, manager or customer.
20% Demand Planning Analysis
• Provide ongoing updates on business as it relates to last forecast, identifying trends and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectation, including KPI performance.
• Provide analysis to functional partners regarding potential risk or opportunities and suggested changes to course of action for both current and future quarters.
• Prepare sales, margin and inventory forecast in monthly forecast meetings for current year; provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, reconcile receipts and suggest pricing strategies to drive profitability..
• Work closely with Finance & Accounting, Operations and Merchandising/Buying teams.
15% Merchandise Planning
• Develop vendor forecasts quarterly.
• Create pre-season sales, margin and inventory plans by category/vendor/SKU. Analyze and report on previous quarter results; identify “missed sales” and growth drivers over prior year.
• Recommend SKU count, quantity count and flow of goods for optimal results.
• Analyze product performance and provide insights to merchandising partners on historical and trend performance to create seasonal assortment plans—including sales and receipts.
• Independently develop and present the financial strategy associated with growth and diminishing products in quarterly business review meetings. Effectively communicate support for SKU level buys as it relates to current trend and strategic opportunities.
5% Data Integrity and Reconciliation
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of data by creating and following best practices.
• Reconcile reports and outputs to raw data sources.
• Work with Finance and Accounting team to ensure synchronization of data output.
• Bachelor’s degree in analytics or quantitative field
• 2+ years of work experience
• Database development and/or data management, including at least one year of dashboard development
• System platforms including re-engineering data flow, data integrity and data processes
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Effective oral and written communications in formal and informal settings
• Strong understanding of process and operations in a highly integrated business environment
• Identify areas of operations efficiency on an on-going basis
• Ensure consistency in thought processes and best practices approach in team and with planning partners
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture