Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
The Demand Planning Associate is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic person who enjoys collaborating closely and building trust among vendors and cross-functional partners to drive desired results. The Planning Associate coordinates and executes the procurement of inventory and optimizes inventory levels. This pivotal role is key in supporting the Planning, Merchandising, Operations and Marketing departments to make strategic decisions based on consumer demand and ensure healthy inventory positions across all categories. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills with a customer-centric, professional and service- oriented mentality and be results-driven.
70% Demand Planning and Order Quantity Optimization
• Generate and submit replenishment purchase orders to vendors.
• Purchase product, coordinate shipment and delivery of promotional event orders and communicate necessary information to cross-functional partners.
• Coordinate and purchase for weekly new launches and email marketing campaigns.
• Prioritize purchase orders with third party warehouses.
• Update PO console with any additions, revisions or cancellations to purchase orders.
• Monitor and follow-up on manufacturer backorder items.
• Monitor outstanding purchase orders and lead time variances.
• Monitor understock and out-of-stock inventory and resolve as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Assist the warehouse in resolving any receiving exceptions.
• Submit product transfer request between warehouse locations.
• Review, analyze and make recommendations for unproductive inventory with supporting data.
20% Merchandise and Vendor Coordination
• Build strong working relationships with vendors to ensure effective and efficient delivery of inventory with as few stock-outs as possible.
• Communicate vendor policy, procedure, routing and shipping guides and other company policies to vendors.
• Communicate vendor offers of special pricing/promotional items to supervisor and provide purchasing recommendations based on data analysis.
• Resolve overdue deliveries by contacting vendors, updating ETA in the system and requesting tracking numbers.
• Work with Accounts Payable to resolve shipping and invoice concerns and discrepancies.
10% Data Integrity and Department Process & Procedure
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of data by creating and following best practices.
• Reconcile reports and outputs to raw data sources.
• Work closely with Finance & Accounting, Operations and Merchandising/Buying teams.
• Document and refine department policy and procedures.
• Provide any additional support needed for the Planning team.
• 4-year degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years related experience
• Basic retail math skills
• Experience in purchasing, logistics and distribution are a plus
• Effectively communicate in formal and informal settings, using written and oral methods
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis in Excel
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Identify areas of operations efficiency on an on-going basis
• Ensure consistency in thought processes and best practices approach in team and with planning partners
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture