Senior MerchantApply Now Job ID: R0000039299 Date posted: 08/14/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 1960 E Grand Ave, El Segundo, California, United States, 90245;
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
The Senior Buyer reports to the Director of Merchandising. This position is responsible for managing and growing the portfolio of assigned brands, as well as securing new brands that fit the company’s acquisition strategy. This role is responsible for business and brand development, such as building brand relationships with top vendors, negotiating terms, securing volume buys, financial forecasting, managing promotions, competitive pricing analysis and supporting PR initiatives.
• Manage day-to-day activity for approximately 10 key vendors; build positive working relationships and partner closely with these vendors to plan and execute all merchandising activity including assortment, promotions and pricing.
• Manage at least one Joint Business Partner (JBP); develop a collaborative and strategic relationship with this partner; develop joint financial goals and align on strategies to meet the goals.
• Drive financial performance of assigned brands; provide team with weekly updates on performance versus goal.
• Forecast sales for promotions on assigned brands; monitor actual performance versus forecast.
• Sell COOP Marketing including catalog, homepage placements and email blasts to assigned vendors.
• Secure samples and gifts-with-purchase (gwps) from assigned vendors/brands; partner with e-catalog, marketing and purchasing to execute sampling/gwps promotions.
• Edit brand pages for key vendors to ensure their assortment showcases newness and highlights hero products.
• Monitor competitive pricing to ensure parity for key vendors; obtain Director/VP approval for any recommended retail changes; partner with e-catalog to adjust pricing after approval.
• Secure new brands for the site that fit the company’s acquisition strategy.
• Provide mentorship to buyers on the Business Development team.
• Update the new vendor form and team training manual.
• Analyze end-of-month KPI report and determine actions and strategies.
• 4-year degree
• 6-7 years relevant experience (1-2 years Beauty and e-commerce experience)
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and organizational abilities
• Previous financial forecasting experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
• Business or finance background
• Knowledge of marketing principles and practices within the beauty industry
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture