Social Media Manager
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
The Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and execution of department initiatives—cross-functional calendar management, aligning all programmatic messaging, pulling analytics and reports for campaigns and recaps, supporting ideation of content and campaign themes, supporting photo/video shoots and production, posting across Dermstore social channels, exploring social data for owned channel insights, build and deploy campaigns that engage, grow, excite and educate the Dermstore audience.
Efficiency is your motto – candidates should have exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to consistently juggle multiple on-going priorities at the same time. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a startup environment and have a can-do attitude. Candidates should have strong creative and verbal communication skills and extensive knowledge of the digital media and marketing space. Candidates should be on the cusp of social innovation—always ahead of what’s next and can identify trends within digital media and marketing.
- Coordinates all kick-off initiatives, timeline/task management, supports creative production
- Help to develop, schedule, post, and track social content across all social media channels
- Assist with planning and managing promotional topics, brand and product launches and partnerships
- Help maintain and communicate monthly Social Media calendars and reports with internal teams
- Manage execution and optimization of social media contests, sweepstakes, content swaps and other brand and partnership initiatives
- Manage communication internally across departments and externally with brand partners
- Manage and track social assets and to be delivered across teams
- Manage analytics platforms to report owned data and survey competitive landscape, sharing insights and trends in real-time
- Holds team and partners accountable to ensure business objectives are met
- Manage and coordinate campaign initiatives on appropriate social channels and share with internal and external partners
- Participate in brainstorms and content/campaign ideation
- Manage and support inbound requests in a timely manner
- 4 year degree or equivalent, preferably in Marketing or Communication
- 4+ years of Social Media management, Marketing or PR experience
- Strong project and time-management skills
- Ability to lead and influence others—can work independently and within teams
- Strong organizational skills, pays great attention to detail
- Passion for all things digital
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Strong analytical skills—capable of measuring/tracking KPIs, learnings and success stories
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
- Strategic and proactive, able to think outside of the box and bring innovative ideas to the team
- Ability to interpret company goals into smaller goals and actions related to team objectives
- Demonstrates flexibility and composure under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Experience working across digital media and creative: drawing connections between the brand identity and marketing objectives to inform differentiated and effective programs that engage, increase awareness and spark advocacy
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office with focus of PowerPoint and Excel
- Beauty industry or corporate retail experience
- Experience with community management, customer service, and social engagement
- Deep understanding of social media platforms
- Extensive experience with social media and management systems and social listening/analytics tools
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret social insights and data and translate it into actionable business results
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture