Store Executive Intern (Store Leadership Intern) – Fort Worth, TX (Starting Summer 2023)Apply Now Location: 5700 Overton Ridge Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas, United States, 76132-3220; job id: R0000236229
job family: Intern;Store Management
This is an entry-level position that starts in June 2023.
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT STORES LEADERSHIP
As a Stores Executive Intern, you will gain a valuable realistic job preview of the Executive Team Leader role over a defined period of time and in multiple areas of the business to drive guest experience and impact your store’s financial, team and operational performance. During our 8-week summer program, you will work closely with a mentor while learning different business areas and functions within our stores. You will spend your days leading and motivating a team, driving sales results, merchandising products and providing an exceptional experience for our guests. It will be your leadership that guides your team to grow and achieve goals.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Stores Executive Intern can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first team culture across the store
• Skills in guest engagement; problem solving and resolution
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
• Experience setting and planning department(s) monthly/quarterly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver service and sales goals
• Experience managing a team of hourly team members, team leaders and creating business strategies and goals
• Skills in recruiting, selecting and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As a Stores Executive Intern, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Deliver an exceptional guest experience by ensuring team members are knowledgeable and empowered to make it right for guests
• Provide new ideas and recommend solutions to business or team opportunities
• Take initiative to learn how to be a Target leader by seeking out opportunities for growth and development; continuously learn throughout the internship experience
• Commit to learning Target’s expectations of leaders and use them to personally develop by asking questions and seeking feedback
• Actively participate in internship program training activities, developmental opportunities and events.
• Demonstrate willingness to take risks; step out of comfort zone and take on new assignments
• Partner with leaders regarding TM performance by teaching, coaching, training and delivering timely performance feedback
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance; lead the team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
• Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow-up on opportunity areas. Work with store leaders each day to set goals and expectations
• Gain understanding of all business areas to develop business acumen
• Foster an inclusive, diverse, safe and secure culture
• Carry out principle duties and responsibilities by department through internship rotations as trained.
• All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited… We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say “I LOVE TARGET!” excites you… That’s why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target product sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Stores Executive Intern. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• Junior or rising Senior class standing preferred
• Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
• Strong interest in working in retail
• Leadership skills and team-oriented thinking
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
• Welcoming and helpful attitude
• Effective communication skills
• Available to start this entry-level position in June 2023.
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular work attendance necessary
Learn more about the program here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZH7vyIMvws&t=9s
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture