Sr. Sourcing ManagerApply Now Location: 12 calle 2-25 zona 10 AVIA 11th floor, Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala, 01010; job id: R0000198597
job family: Retail Sourcing
schedule: Full time
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we’re mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you’ll apply your apparel and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target’s owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you’ll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers’ activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you’ll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You’ll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you’ll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.
As a Sr. Manager, your primary functions are to achieve financial goals and objectives by partnering with Headquarter (HQ) counterparts, cross functional teams and business partners. You will lead team and internal peers and external partners in business transformation. Additionally, your responsibilities will be:
- Build, engage and develop a diverse and high performing team with agility to go thru changes.
- Coach and manage the team to ensure:
- Overall hands-on management and accomplishment of end-to-end Program goals and objectives thru costing, negotiation, risk management, issue resolution and overall order/production management
- Manufacturing capacity assessment and management in owned production areas
- Elevate matrix and onboard vendors/factories by vetting new vendors/factories to align with Target’s expectations
- Cross functional and/or regional partnerships in vendor or factory matrix health management for optimized business opportunities
- Establish vendor/factory relationship and effective communication
- Support sourcing strategies for overall business growth by:
- Establishing and optimizing vendor or factory partnership
- Researching industry intel of both in-country and global supply chain as required for changing business environment
- Working out vendor matrix and country of production strategy with close partnership across HQ and other regional sourcing & cross functional teams
- Advocate Target Values, being a role model of Inclusivity and Ethics for Target business and supply chain.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years or more of sourcing, merchandising and/or retail experience
- Proven leadership abilities, including team and supply chain management and development in a changing environment
- Rich interpersonal experience with dynamic, and multi-cultural background stakeholders
- Creative problem solving, strong negotiation, business planning and organizational skills
- Strong data analysis, strategic thought process and ability to influence
- Excellent communication in English and local languages
- Able to travel locally and internationally
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture