Sortation Center Senior Operations Manager - Philadelphia, PAApply Now Location: 900 River Rd, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19406; job id: R0000147986
job family: Distribution Center Management
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
A role in Distribution and Receive Centers means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible – a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. Whether it’s through focusing on regional or upstream distribution centers, target.com fulfillment centers, or import warehouses, you’ll have the chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide. There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem solving drive our results; Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
A Senior Operations Manager role entails leading with a focus on safety, continuous improvement, relationship building, communication and strategic thinking. You will foster a “safety first” culture through awareness, training and accountability. Your guidance will help other operational leaders achieve established standards of service, quality, accuracy and productivity. You’ll leverage a mix of key metrics, Lean Six Sigma, GEMBA walks and other activities to understand what’s working well and where to improve. Your teams will be enabled to do their best work in an environment of innovation, calculated risk, testing and learning. Getting to know your team and championing their unique strengths will motivate and inspire them to reach higher. With your support, both teams and individuals will improve through their clear understanding of goals and expectations, mutual accountability and regular constructive feedback. Your skills for planning and execution will take center stage as you set individual and team priorities and proactively structure resources to meet them. Open and articulate communication will be key to presenting the big picture, and your commitment to “walk the walk” will show solidarity as you spend time on the floor every day, observing and interacting with your team members.
- Four year degree, preferably in the areas of Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Technology, Operations, or related business, or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the manufacturing, production, or distribution environment and applicable management/supervisory experience or 18-36 months as an Operations Manager
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Ability to motivate others with strong conflict management and problem solving skills
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and termination
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Able to access all areas of the DC, including mezzanine platforms
- Able to read and interpret necessary policies and procedures to perform updates and operate systems and other programs within the Distribution Center, for example ability to cross over the conveyors
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture