Quality Control Operations Manager - Lake City, FLApply Now Job ID: R0000062058 schedule: Full time Location: 3049 N. US 441, Lake City, Florida, United States, 32055;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At Target, food is life. So it’s the mission of our newly integrated Food & Beverage organization to help our guests more easily discover the joy of food. We thrive on giving families new favorite ways to eat well and cook less, simply and affordably. With curated in-store experiences and a streamlined assortment designedto inspire and save time,we understand the importance of food to our guests’ everyday life—from snack duty at soccer practice to important family gatherings and holidays. Join our centralized Food & Beverage team where you’ll partner with people from literally every area of the business. Here, you’ll help dream up new ways to offer our guests a reliably wonderful experience with the freshness, selection and value they expect and deserve from Target.
A role in Target’s Food Supply Chain is a chance to truly serve our guests with speed, freshness and quality. We strengthen the efficiency of product delivery and partner across Target’s Global Supply Chain to provide the highest quality food products to our guests—on time, every time. Here, your role might be extracting business insights from data, solving problem statements, conducting gap analysis and recommending focus areas for leadership. Or you’ll be an inventory management resource whose specialized point of view informs what we buy, from whom, how much and where it needs to go from there. You’ll leverage inventory positioning to achieve the best possible product availability, and establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time delivery. Or join our team in a food distribution center where you’re on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator that keeps Target guests coming back for more.
As a Quality Control Operations Manager, you will oversee the daily operation of Food Distribution Center quality and food safety control functions and inventory quality concerns. You will also manage Target Team Quality Inspectors, and develop their growth and skill set. You will evaluate and analyze operating methods and procedures for compliance and partner with the warehouse team members to develop efficiencies that drive accountability.
▪ Supervise Team Members to achieve desired results for inventory quality
▪ Ensure performance plans are set, maintained, and continuously improved; generate creative solutions to identify improvements in processes to support quality inspections and inventory quality and food safety management
▪ Collaborate across departments to drive quality goals and meet inventory quality metrics, while fostering an environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued
▪ Evaluates and analyzes operating methods and procedures for inventory quality control improvements and total quality management, decides which methods and procedures to use and implements those procedures.
▪ Partner with FDC leadership & hourly teams to understand processes that impact building quality and food safety issues
▪ Work with HQ partners to resolve quality and food safety related issues.
▪ Leverage Quality Team to root cause and improve building’s quality performance
▪ Corrective Action: Takes appropriate counseling and corrective action, in partnership with Human Resources, when team member performance is not meeting expectations
▪ Leading: Leads assigned department(s), ensuring maximum productivity, growth and development of team members. o Participates in hiring: Including Interviews and selection of new team members. Provides departmental specific orientations.
o Training: Assess and select team member trainers, ensure training timetable is followed and certification is awarded as applicable. Assures that Inspectors are meeting all expectation of their tasks.
o Team Member Growth and Development: Engages and develops team members to maximize performance. Makes real time behavioral observations and gives regular and specific feedback on individual and team performance. Responds to all team members’ questions and concerns. Conducts team members performance reviews, and provides input for specialty training/roles, transfer and promotional opportunities.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture