Supply Chain Assets Protection Operations Internship (Starting June 2023) (Logan Township, NJ)Apply Now Location: 300 Creekview Ave, Bldg H, Logan Township, New Jersey, United States, 08085-2597; job id: R0000268797
job family: Intern
Assets Protection Operations Intern
ALL ABOUT TARGET
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. And our Distribution Centers are key to that success, whether guests shop our stores or online. It’s our DC team who make sure that products arrive at our stores (and guests’ doorsteps) on time, every time.
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN LEADERSHIP
As an Assets Protection Operations Intern, you’ll gain a realistic job preview into life as an Assets Protection Operations Manager. You will have the opportunity to learn to lead, motivate and influence a team, and be responsible for the execution of Assets Protection routines and initiatives to support secure environments and protect Target’s profitability. You will also learn to lead a secure work environment that ensures the security of our teams, vendors, buildings and merchandise. The Assets Protection team’s function is to provide a secure environment for our team members and mitigate shortage to increase profitability in a Target distribution center. Assets Protection teams will do this by leading a physical security culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and educating team members on operational shortage priorities. It’s the leadership you will learn that will guide your team to proactively plan to increase supply chain efficiencies. We’ll be supporting you with extensive training to help you grow as a strong assets protection operations intern. During our 8-week summer program, you will work closely with a mentor while learning different business areas and functions within our buildings. You will spend your days learning to lead and motivate a team and drive results. It will be your acquired leadership that guides your team to grow and achieve goals.
At Target, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Assets Protection Operations Intern can provide you with the:
• Experience in building and managing a team culture
• Skills on how to make an impact on our guests; problem solving and resolution
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
• Experience setting and planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver goals
• Experience managing a team of hourly team members and creating business strategies and goals
As an Assets Protection Operations Intern, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Provide new ideas and recommend solutions to business or team opportunities
• Take initiative to learn how to be a Target leader by seeking out opportunities for growth and development; continuously learn throughout the internship experience
• Commit to learning Target’s expectations of leaders and use them to personally develop by asking questions and seeking feedback
• Actively participate in internship program training activities, developmental opportunities and events.
• Demonstrate willingness to take risks; step out of comfort zone and take on new assignments
• Partner with leaders regarding TM performance by teaching, coaching, training and delivering timely performance feedback
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance; learn to lead the team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
• Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow-up on opportunity areas. Work with buildings leaders each day to set goals and expectations
• Gain understanding of all business areas to develop business acumen
• Foster an inclusive, diverse, safe and secure culture
• Carry out principle duties and responsibilities by department through internship rotations as trained.
• All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited… We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say “I LOVE TARGET!” excites you… That’s why we love working at Target
• You enjoy leading teams who are working to get products to our stores and guests… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for a Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), getting merchandise to our teams and guests
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Assets Protection Operations Intern. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong critical thinking, reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Ability to interpret instructions, reports, and other data
- Ability to climb up and down ladders
- Ability to scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular work attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture