General Merchandise Team LeaderApply Now Job ID: R0000156235 job family: Store Hourly Management schedule: Variable Location: 16818 Twin Lakes Ave, Marysville, Washington, United States, 98271-4724;
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You delight our guests and are ready to assist with items that are instock and priced accurately ensuring guests have an enjoyable experience both in stores and online.
ALL ABOUT GENERAL MERCHANDISE
Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a General Merchandise Team Leader can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture on your team
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
• Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver sales goals
• Skills in process improvements and workload efficiency
• Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
As a General Merchandise Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement. Including: merchandising, pricing, transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling, promotions and price change.
• Enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is in stock, available, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor.
• Enable efficient delivery to our guests by leading pick, pack and ship fulfillment work. (if applicable)
• Assess General Merch backroom, sales floor areas and fulfillment reporting to identify gaps and develop a plan to resolve.
• Be an expert of operations, accuracy, process and efficiency.
• Oversee execution of processes in inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for select GM areas of the store.
• Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your leader based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
• Expect and enable team members to stay up-to-date on relevant trends and products.
• Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
• Lead team onboarding and learning.
• Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
• Lead and coach the team to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all GM processes.
• Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
• Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
• If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
• Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (yes, even on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a General Merchandise Team Leader. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
• Lead and hold others accountable
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
• Welcoming and helpful attitude
• Effective communication skills
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture