Accessories Hybrid Designer – Cold Weather Accessories, Layering & ScarvesApply Now Job ID: R0000064780 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable style. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from accessories & apparel to home goods and beauty. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, enterprise strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable style. We concept, develop, make and deliver modern new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
As a Hybrid Designer, you will support and be responsible for Owned Brand categories that achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. Under the direction of Design leadership, you will work with an assigned category, brand, business or guest segment and manage your own process and calendar. You will be expected to maintain a diligent approach to workload, which includes timely communication with internal and external partners. You’ll support the end-to-end design vision throughout the development process including category trend, color, artwork direction, research, material sourcing & selection, silhouette design, cost engineering and guest research. Using CADs, you’ll translate ideas for product direction into Illustrator and own communication with the vendor, merchant and sourcing partners including production packets, spec templates and fit evaluations. This work includes preparing professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication/stitch detail and material samples. In addition, you will support and drive product designs to maintain overall creative direction, merchant line plans, assortment strategies, and price points. You’ll build brand cohesion by partnering with peers across the division and you’ll collaborate with our vendors, overseas partners & sourcing to troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Use your skills & experience to be a part of our visionary goals and take the lead as you…
- Drive innovation & style in owned brand products
- Lead/Own the design & technical process throughout the lifecycle of a product
- Direct seasonal material development & utilize knit expertise to drive innovation in yarn & stitch development
- Develop and articulate a clear point-of-view for products based on the brand principles and seasonal concept vision
- Utilize design partners, trend resources, market intel, guest data and sales history in partnership with the design director to drive & deliver relevant, style driven assortments
- Collaborate across the team and essential divisions to maintain brand cohesion
- Utilize CADs, hand sketches & virtual software to develop assortments
- Apply artistic ability to edit or make changes to original designs integrating key feedback
- Collaborate with design, merchant, sourcing & vendor partners to ensure assortments are cost viable, manufacture-able and brand appropriate
- Build & evolve brand standards by category
- Explore sustainable practices across all product categories taking partners as necessary to drive change
- Utilize Spark to manage product requests, vendor communication, costing challenges and packaging requirements
- Own product approvals, fit approvals, color approvals
- Partner with PSQA as needed for product or testing concerns
- Lead & support guest insights events to inform on design & technical initiatives
- Monitor guest feedback & product ratings through Clarabridge
- Maintain diligent adherence to process, calendar & deadlines
- Regularly attend cross-functional meetings. Must use judgment/discretion to make decisions on product direction and changes or escalate appropriately
- Core role will support the design & technical work for Universal Thread cold weather accessories, layering & scarves
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Four-year degree in Design, Fine Art or related field, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of relevant experience; knit experience is required
• Computer design system skills: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign with experience in CAD illustration
• Experience in CLO or alternative 3D software preferred
• Interest & passion for exploring circular & sustainable design practices
• Proficient knowledge of knit construction & stitch development
• Healthy knowledge of garment construction, fit, technical evaluations & product production
• Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative and cost-effective design solutions
• Experience assimilating product feedback
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision & a high level of accountability
• Effective communicator with excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to build strong relationships across different areas of excellence to support a healthy working environment
• Curiosity to learn & an affinity to lead with a team mindset
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture