Analyst Resp Sourcing & Sustainability Business Integration Data & AnalyticsApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000182444
job family: Responsible Sourcing
schedule: Full time
Responsible Sourcing & Sustainability Analyst, Business Integration Data & Analytics
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we’re mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you’ll apply your Fabric, Trim and Packaging and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target’s owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you’ll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers’ activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you’ll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You’ll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you’ll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.
As an Analyst on the Business Integration team, you will be part of the team that evolves the operating model to deepen engagement between the responsible sourcing and business teams throughout sourcing. You will be responsible for creating, analyzing, and interpreting large data sets to help elevate the responsible sourcing performance of both internal and external business partners. You will collaborate with internal partners and vendor partners to promote the continuous improvement of Responsible Sourcing & Sustainability data. You will work closely with the Sustainability, Capability Building, P&G, and Oversight and Remediation teams to support execution and proactively provide insights to the organization to drive data informed updates to RS&S and our CFT partners.
- Design plan and implement small scale initiatives using established project management principals
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions
- Build coalitions and drive initiatives in collaboration with others
- Work independently to manage tasks and problem solve
- Manage resources and tools for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage data tracking and maintenance, present data to highlight trends and opportunities
- Operate within multiple business intelligence platforms simultaneously
- Maneuver and manipulate large raw data sets to serve specific use cases
- Capture and provide detailed feedback to the Operations and Data Science team
- Educate others in how to access Responsible Sourcing data efficiently and effectively throughout our reporting suite
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience
- Deep understanding of Excel and BI platform (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) functionality
- Exposure to programing language (SQL, R, Python, Etc.)
- Can effectively cope with change and ambiguity
- Support a continuous improvement approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of how to interpret data to make decisions and build stories that influence action and drive result
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture