Associate 3D Technical ArtistApply Now Job ID: R0000130540 job family: Technical Design schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Associate 3D Technical Artist –
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Sourcing & Development organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines, essentials, beauty, or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
As an Associate3D Technical Artist, in the Digital Product Creation (3D) team you will play a critical role supporting the development of key elements of 3D capabilities in Owned Brand Product Design and Development.
- Participate in 3D assignments within specific departments or areas including hard and soft product and scene building
- Demonstrate 2D Expertise/ experience with a variety of 2D design software: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Collaborate with product design and development teams to build and visualize reusable assets in 3D, including modeling, texturing, UV mapping, lighting, and rendering
- Support development and testing of the 3D workflow and pipeline
- Understand the technology and relevant techniques including digital workflows, simulation, physics, shading, rendering technologies
- Familiarity with Physically Based Rendering (PBR) material creation in Substance Painter/Designer, Alchemist and Vizoo
- Enable 3D adoption within product design and development teams and with external business partners
- Identify problems and test emerging technology solutions that make 3D easy for product designers and developers
- Collaborate with software development team to develop and test solutions at scale
- Maintain 3D standards and perform evaluation of 3D assessments
- Assess 3D assets and provide technical feedback to internal design teams and business partners
- Provide training and relevant learning experiences for team members and business partners
- Ability to solve problems through the innovative application of software applications
- Use clear, concise written and verbal communication skills with the business team, vendors and cross functional partners
- Demonstrate familiarity with project management tools and, ability to work in a fast-paced, calendar driven environment
- 4-year CGI, 3D related degree or equivalent education
- 1-3 years related work experience
- Expertise/ experience with a variety of 3D modeling and visualization software that may include: 3DS Max, Vray, Browzwear, Clo3D, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Solid Works, Rhino, Unreal Engine, Blender
- Ability to plan; organize and execute projects plans and resources
- Knowledge of 3D product development in both hard and soft business categories
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions
- Ability to use Microsoft applications
- Ability to communicate to all levels internally and vendor partners with diverse cultural backgrounds through excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster positive, collaborative relationships
- Committed to continuous learning, diversity, equity and inclusion
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture