Associate Buyer Intern (Summer 2022)Apply Now Job ID: R0000154858 job family: Intern schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
At Target, you’ll discover a Fortune 50 company focused on making life better for our guests. Creating a shopping experience where guests can find what they want – and discover something new – is the heart of the merchandising department.
In this role, you’ll gain a realistic job preview into life as an Associate Buyer. Learn how to apply your strategic, analytical and collaborative skills to impact the bottom line as we work to deliver products to guests anytime and anywhere. Manage a project from start to finish, and culminate your summer experience by presenting your results to leadership within your business. You’ll gain valuable insight into the day-to-day role of an Associate Buyer, and see how they help support assortment analysis and recommendations, maintain business relationships with the largest vendors in the industry, and execute promotional plans/strategies.
- Strong academic performance (current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
- Exceptional leadership qualities and decision-making skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Development-focused; eager to learn and to satisfy your innate curiosity
- Strong sense of accountability and initiative
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous growth environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture