Associate Fabric EngineerApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000210020
job family: Product Design Engineering
schedule: Full time
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers.
Owned Brand Teams - At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management, and Sourcing & Development organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, source, make and deliver great new products that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the performance, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition.
Team Overview/Position Overview
A role in Material Engineering means being on a team of material engineers who create products that truly embody the intent of Target-owned brands and deliver on guests wants and needs.
Do you have basic knowledge of Fabric related processes, controls and technological needs for manufacturing a quality product? Can you ensure that each product has just the right mix of style, quality and value? Do you have a pulse on the right material trends, manufacturing advances and industry leading technology or innovation that meet strategic business goals? Are you interested in learning more about government regulations, safety protocols and performance standards for textiles?
Then you’ll find success on our talented and innovative team, where you will support the development fabric, work with other engineer fabrics to ensure fabrics meet quality, responsible sourcing and performance standards and align to long range plans. You will provide fabric technical expertise to internal cross-functional partners. You will analyze consumer and market trends to develop and recommend Brand right material palettes.
You will build technical specifications and communicate with Global Team Members, and the supply chain including raw materials suppliers, chemical suppliers and garment vendors.
You will collaborate with internal partners to update quality standards and raw materials based on industry trends and benchmarking. You will play a key role in translating material priorities to Global partners.
You’ll also collaborate with the supply chain and global partners to develop and build brand stewardship and ensure that the brand vision is clearly understood and successfully brought to life with every product we offer.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Basic knowledge of government regulations, safety protocols and Target performance standards for textiles.
- Uses data analytics to stay current on guest trends, industry innovation and new technology pertaining to raw materials, advances and applications
- Research & develop new raw materials with new or specific properties for use in a variety of products.
- Follows fabric Development Process and Calendar to meet instore dates.
- Basic knowledge of Fabric Construction Analyses and interpretation and manufacturing processes.
- Builds internal partnerships to optimize execution.
- Create and route fabric technical specifications; may own smaller less complex business under guidance.
- Communicates with CTP partners as needed to Identify/ address “Guest” and CFT (CTB) related quality issues arise, takes internal partners to gain broader knowledge to trouble shoot issues
- Take partners to understand business initiatives and strategies.
- Maintain on-line and physical libraries supporting multiple teams.
- Maintain tracking and reporting systems as appropriate supporting multiple teams.
- Communicate timely resolution to all issues relating to fabric development.
- Partner with team experts to advise CFT on any technical consultations.
- Engineering degree or equivalent based on specialization
- 1-3 years related industry experience
- Proficient technical knowledge of yarn spinning and processing, weaving and knitting processes, fabric dyeing, printing and finishing
- Proficient technical knowledge of garment dry and wet processing, dyeing, printing and finishing
- Knowledge in the manufacturing of cut and sew garments.
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Collaboration skills
- Project Management skills
- Committed to continuous learning
- Respects appreciates and values diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture