Associate FSQR ScientistApply Now Job ID: R0000109345 job family: Food Safety & Compliance schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOB TITLE: Associate FSQR Scientist (Level 4)
Date: October 2020
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of regulatory compliance and legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We help protect Target by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. You’ll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role in
Food Safety, Quality, & Regulatory (FSQR) means supporting processes that help Target succeed by
consistently delivering safe, high quality and compliant food and beverages. As an Associate FSQR (Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory) Scientist you will ensure that Target Owned Brand Food labeling meets relevant regulations and internal Target standards. You will have accountability for specific products and/or categories, and will contribute to projects to advance labeling processes and systems, and labeling and claims guidance.
This role as an associate scientist will be responsible for interpreting compliance & labeling regulations. The role will rely on mentorship from Sr/Lead/Principal FSQR Scientists in order grow their knowledge in these regulations across food & beverage products. Ideal candidates will have a general understanding of food labeling requirements and some experience with food regulatory compliance and labeling.
- Review and approve product specification and labeling information (nutrition facts, ingredient declarations, allergens, and claims) and packaging proofs/key-lines for assigned products or categories.
- Communicate labeling requirements and necessary changes to internal colleagues and external vendor partners.
- Review and approve product digital copy and marketing promotions.
- Collaborate with senior FSQR scientists/ colleagues, cross-functional teams, or vendors to resolve labeling questions or discrepancies.
- Complete competitive assessments, regulatory or nutrition reviews, or other assignments to support project strategies and labeling and regulatory claims guidance.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal FSQR programs, processes, and systems through project participation.
- Develop and maintain regulatory, labeling, nutrition, and marketplace knowledge for assigned product areas.
- Maintain Target labeling guides and related documents.
- Develop relationships with internal and external partners through active engagement and effective communication.
- Provides food recall coverage and after hour food recall support, as needed
- Other responsibilities that support the FSQR team purpose, as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 1 – 2 years of food labeling, regulatory, or product development experience in the food or retail industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or a related field
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Able to assess situations and offer solutions for sustainable improvement
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with a growth mindset.
- Able to interpret technical content and apply knowledge
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks or projects and deliver consistently against timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture