Associate Technical Developer - Sizing StandardsApply Now Job ID: R0000132000 job family: Technical Design schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development team. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We develop, produce and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and delight guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role within the Product Development Center of Excellence team supporting the Body & Sizing Standards capability means an opportunity to investigate, innovate, and create something truly original. Do you have experience in apparel product development and an aptitude for data analysis and research? Can you demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and the utmost attention to detail? Are you curious about consumer behavior and have an innate ability to deal with ambiguity? Then you’ll have success on our Body & Sizing Standards team which supports all Target-owned brands.
Reporting to the Principal Technical Engineer, this role will work closely with the Center of Excellence, Product Development, and 3D Innovation teams. As an Associate on the Body & Sizing Standards team, you will play an integral role in the research and assessment of body measurement data, including 3D body scans. You will use analytics combined with experience and practical knowledge of garment fit, pattern making and grading to test, asses and refine our sizing strategy. You will operate a body scanner and utilize multiple software to process 3D data.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in building processes and tools to support product development to build products that foster love and loyalty
- Assist with body scanning projects; recruit subjects, operate scanner, take manual body measurements, process and maintain files
- Use scan-processing software to generate avatars and extract body measurements
- Use Excel, Access and iSize to analyze body measurement data and develop reports on specific guest segments
- Assist with voice-of-guest surveys or events
- Maintain documentation and update content as required
- Monitor/track market brand size charts and relevant industry publications
- Communicate daily with internal partners to provide project updates, collaborate on work-in-progress, and ensure timelines are met
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Current experience in apparel technical development, sizing standards development or related field
- Strong knowledge of sizing systems, patternmaking, garment construction and fit
- Interest in exploring digital technologies to better understand body shape and size
- Experience with body scanning a plus
- Analytical ability to collect and research data (2D and 3D), use intuition and experience to complement data
- Strong understanding of statistics and statistical theory
- Understanding of grading principles, applied experience a plus
- Ability to use CAD pattern design software (2D and 3D) a plus
- Proficient in use of relevant computer applications (Excel, Access, CAD software)
- Experience with Anthroscan software a plus
- Potential for working in a fast-paced, often changing, highly collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to continuous learning, diversity, equity and inclusion
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture