Associate Technical DeveloperApply Now Job ID: R0000129597 job family: Technical Design schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Associate Product Operations Technical Developer
About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Development team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a product development expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of the industry? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and develop products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their value? Then you’ll have success on our Development team who owns the development of all Target-owned brands. In close partnership with our design, merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and guest expectations.
- Partner with Sr. Technical Developer, Designer, Merchandising, Sourcing and Vendors to deliver on product objectives and business strategy while adhering to calendar timelines
- In partnership with overseas technical design teams and vendors, create and maintain, complete and accurate specifications and approvals in PLM system
- Communicate daily with internal and external partners to ensure high quality execution in fit, construction, and quality.
- Assist in collaboration with design, sourcing and vendors on scope and feasibility, 3D/physical sample review
- Assist with in-cycle technical research, wear testing, quality analysis, innovation and product solutions
- Partner proactively with overseas technical designers, production engineers and vendors to alleviate potential manufacturing, quality, and fit concerns within the product development cycle
- Assist with market research of competitors, benchmarks, and new opportunities to engineer value and drive development of cost viable quality products.
- Assist with guest insights and product testing teams to drive guest research and wear testing to build products that foster love and loyalty
- Assist in reviewing guest feedback and representing close to vendor and production teams to review production issues and collaborate with Cross Functional Team to resolve
- Support technical processes, brand standards, and development testing that aligns to brand values
- Assist in vendor training, onboarding, assessments and accreditation programs
- Travel internationally and domestically to support business as needed
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager
- 0-4 years’ experience in product and development
- Strong knowledge of fit, construction and value engineering
- Current in industry standard technical knowledge of development and manufacturing processes
- Proficient in use of relevant computer applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite, PLM system, 3D software)
- Attention to detail, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Potential for working in a fast-paced, often changing, highly collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to continuous learning, diversity, equity and inclusion
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture