Associate Trend Designer, HardlinesApply Now Job ID: R0000153921 job family: Creative Design schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable style. We concept, develop, make and deliver modern new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Trend team means a big opportunity to be on the cutting edge of design thinking. Are you an aesthetic expert who stays one step ahead of industry trends? Can you recognize market patterns and consumer shifts to conceptualize and capitalize on those moments? Are you talented at communicating through aesthetically pleasing and compelling graphic visuals that can inspire and tell a story? Then you’ll have success on our Trend team who owns the high-level concept direction and product priorities for Target-owned businesses. In close partnership with our design counterparts, you’ll drive Target style relevance and market differentiation, delivering industry-leading predictive services to our brand leaders.
As an Associate Designer for Hardlines Trend, focused on the Sporting Goods business to start, you’ll support the development of trend concepts that achieve the enterprise strategy and owned-brand objectives. Working with trend partners, you’ll compile aesthetic research, manage trend resources, and generate graphic design across all outputs. You’ll be expected to maintain a diligent approach to workload including timely communication with internal and external partners. You’ll support the full seasonal forecast cycle including research, ideation, iteration, conceptualization, visual development, tool production, communication, and presentation to a broad range of audiences.
This is an entry level position responsible for collaborating with and supporting the Trend team in researching, concepting, and developing predictive forecast tools for Design and Merchant teams.
*Core responsibilities of this job are outlined above but job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Degree in graphic design, visual arts, or textile/apparel design preferred or comparable experience within Sporting goods industry focused on trend, color, materials, and finish forecasting
• 1-3 years experience
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook + Powerpoint; knowledge of Excel helpful
• Motivated self-starter with attention to detail & a high level of accountability
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Highly resourceful and well-organized, able to prioritize for maximum efficiency
• Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced at image curation and creating visual presentations
• Positive & collaborative working style
• Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
• Bias for innovation and highly adaptive
• Early adopter and quick tech learner
• Curious and open-minded, a natural investigator
• Broad aesthetic sensibility, in tune with both pop culture and counter-culture preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture